Our organism requires vitamins in limited amounts. They are actually organic chemical compounds and our organism cannot synthesize them in sufficient quantities, thus must be obtained through diet as if the body misses vitamins, there might appear some health consequences.
With these symptoms you will be able to recognize which vitamins you are deficient of:
- Cracks on the hips – this means that you are missing iron, zinc, and vitamin B (B3, B2, and B12). This deficiency appears most commonly among vegetarians as they do not intake these matters due to their diet.
Solution: you should eat more Swiss chard, peanuts, and legumes like lentils, poultry meat, salmon, tuna, eggs, and shellfish. When you intake vitamin C, iron absorption is enhanced. This helps the body fight against infections. You can combine them with red peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, and kale.
- Red rash on the face (sometimes elsewhere) and hair loss – this shows that you are missing vitamin B7 (hair vitamin). It will make you vulnerable if you eat eggs because the protein is present in fresh eggs, and the avidin prevents the body to absorb biotin.
Solution: eat cooked eggs, salmon, avocado, bananas, raspberries, walnuts, soybeans, cauliflower, and mushrooms.
- Red or white skin changes that are similar to acne (usually on face, arms, thighs, and back) – this is a symptom of fatty acids, vitamin A and E deficiency.
Solution: eat less saturated food, discard trans-fats (margarine), and herbal fat, increasing the input of healthy fats. For vitamin A eat green vegetables, and carrots, sweet potatoes, and red peppers. There is a lot of beta carotene in them and will help your body get the necessary vitamins. For vitamin D, expose yourself 10 minutes on sun.
- Numbness and tingling in the hands, feet, or elsewhere on the body – you are lacking vitamin B (B9, or folic acid, B6, and B12) and it is connected to peripheral nerves. The symptoms may occur with anemia, depression, hormone imbalance, and fatigue.
Solution: consume chicken meat, crabs, shellfish, beans, eggs. Beets, asparagus, and spinach.
- Muscle cramps, severe pain in fingers, wrists, legs, and back – this is due to magnesium, calcium, and potassium deficiency. You can lose more minerals if you exercise rarely because of severe sweating.
Solution: consume more apples, grapefruit, cherries, zucchini, hazelnuts, almonds, bananas, broccoli, dark leafy greens like kale, spinach, and dandelion.