When your body is in pain or really uncomfortable, it feels like there’s nothing you can do to stop it.
At times, even lesser pains can feel like torture when you have to endure them and wait for them to go away. But what if I told you that there actually are things you can do to get rid of body pain and discomfort (and more) in ways that you didn’t expect? Well, get ready, folks, because you’re about to become the masters of your bodies with these easy, awesome body hacks.
1. If you suspect that someone isn’t being honest with you, pay attention to their body language — if they cover their mouth or other vulnerable areas like their throat or head with their hand, have difficulty speaking, bite their lips, or move their head around when asked a question, chances are they’re lying.
2. An easy way to feel happier is to hold a pencil lengthwise between your teeth — holding it uses the muscles that make you smile, and smiling improves your mood.
3. Terrified of needles? Cough while you’re getting a shot — it helps with the pain.
4. Listerine works as an antiseptic, so you can use it to clean your wounds.
5. Video games really aren’t rotting your brain — in fact, they actually improve mental processes like decision-making, memory, multi-tasking, and hand-eye coordination.
There are definitely a lot more benefits in playing video games. In fact, playing games like Roblox also develops and promotes creativity. If you’re a Roblox gamer as well, here’s a Roblox Script Executor just for you.
6. Bring some cinnamon with you for the next time you feel foggy at work — smelling it will make you more alert and clear-headed.
7. If you ever can’t stop yourself from gagging, squeeze your left thumb inside your fist (unlike the picture below) — it will calm your gag reflex.
8. Water is your friend — it boosts your energy, reduces stress, helps you eat less, and speeds up your metabolism.
9. If you have a teething baby, put a spoon inside the freezer until it chills (don’t let it freeze) and give it to them — it will soothe their pain.
10. Honey does wonders for sore throats — it kills bacteria, soothes your throat, and helps reduce inflammation.
11. If you’re feeling extremely stressed, put your thumb between your lips and blow — it stimulates your vagus nerve, which decreases your heart rate and helps you relax.
12. Not the dreaded brain freeze! If you find your head throbbing from your icy treat, press your tongue into the roof of your mouth — it will clear it up in no time.
13. Have a toothache? Rub some ice on the back of your hand between your thumb and forefinger — this will help reduce the pain.
14. If you’re at a noisy club and are trying to talk to someone, use your right ear to listen to them — it’s better than your left ear at receiving speech sounds.
15. If you hyperventilate instead of taking one deep breath before you jump into water, it will help you hold your breath longer.
16. If you’re having sinus issues, press on the spot between your eyebrows — it will relieve mucus pressure and help you breathe better.
17. If your arm is asleep and you’re feeling an uncomfortable tingling sensation, rock your head from side to side — it will relieve nerve pressure and wake your arm up quickly.
18. If you really need to pee and can’t get to a bathroom, think about sex — it will keep your brain preoccupied and it won’t be so painful.
19. Scratch your ear if your throat is itchy — the stimulated nerves will make your throat muscles spasm and give you relief.
20. The next time you’re in a lot of pain, don’t hold back from swearing — it will help reduce the pain.
21. The next time you feel really nauseous, press on the inside of your wrist between the two tendons — it will make you feel better.
22. If you get bad indigestion during the night, sleep on your left side — it reduces heartburn.
23. If you have really annoying hiccups, breathe in and out of a paper bag to get rid of them quickly.
24. To avoid uncomfortable stitches in your side while running, try to inhale and exhale only when your left foot hits the ground — it will help prevent them.